The terrible bombings and shooting in Norway have killed at least four people. It is unclear who is responsible for the assault, but there are several leads.
- The Norwegian government just indicted a member of Ansar-al-Islam, an al-Qaeda linked group.
- Norway had been threatened because some newspapers published cartoons of the prophet Mohammed.
- Someone on an al Qaeda forum claimed responsibility, in retaliation for Norway's 406 forces in Afghanistan.
- Norway contributed jets to bomb Muammar Qaddafi's government-- the Libyans may have directed a retaliatory strike.
- Another person made a similar threat via a jihadist forum:
"You have moments to get your soldiers out of the tomb of Khorasan, else you will see blood flow in the streets," Amir Grozny said in a post at the Shumukh al Islam forum, according to SITE.