Saturday, July 25, 2015
Donald Trump bars Des Moines Register reporters from Iowa campaign events
Donald Trump barred reporters from The Des Moines Register from attending his campaign events in Iowa after they publicly called for him to drop out of the presidential race.
“We are disappointed that Mr. Trump’s campaign has taken the unusual step of excluding Register reporters from covering his campaign event in Iowa on Saturday because he was displeased with our editorial.
"As we previously said, the editorial has no bearing on our news coverage. We work hard to provide Iowans with coverage of all the candidates when they spend time in Iowa, and this is obviously impeding our ability to do so.
"We hope Mr. Trump’s campaign will revisit its decision instead of making punitive decisions because we wrote something critical of him," Amalie Nash, the Register’s editor and vice president for audience engagement, said.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment