During his interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, President Obama claimed that 99.9% of Muslims reject radical Islam.
"You know, I think that the way to understand this is there is an element growing out of Muslim communities in certain parts of the world that have perverted the religion, have embraced a nihilistic, violent, almost medieval interpretation of Islam, and they're doing damage in a lot of countries around the world.
"But it is absolutely true that I reject a notion that somehow that creates a religious war because the overwhelming majority of Muslims reject that interpretation of Islam. They don't even recognize it as being Islam, and I think that for us to be successful in fighting this scourge, it's very important for us to align ourselves with the 99.9% of Muslims who are looking for the same thing we're looking for--order, peace, prosperity," President Obama said.
Let's take a look and see if the numbers support President Obama's 99.9% claim.
A 2007 poll conducted by the PolicyExchange in Britain revealed that 60% of Muslims prefered to live under British law. However, 37% of 16 to 24-year-olds said they would prefer Sharia law.
In that same poll, almost a third of 16 to 24-year-olds said that Muslims converting to another religion should be executed.
In a 2008 YouGov poll. 55% of Muslims said offensive words or behavior justified the use of violence.
Here are the numbers from a 2007 Pew Research poll asking if suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets to defend Islam is justified:
1. 64% of Muslims in France believed it should never be justified.
2. 70% of Muslims in Britain believed it should never be justified.
3. 83% of Muslims in Germany believed it should never be justified.
4. 69% of Muslims in Spain believed it should never be justified.
Here are the numbers from the same poll using Muslim countries and those with large Islamic populations:
1. 45% of Muslims in Egypt believed it should never be justified.
2. 61% of Muslims in Turkey believed it should never be justified.
3. 43% of Muslims in Jordan believed it should never be justified.
4. 28% of Muslims in Nigeria believed it should never be justified.
5. 69% of Muslims in Pakistan believed it should never be justified.
6. 71% of Muslims in Indonesia believed it should never be justified.
According to a 2013 Pew Research Center asking if attacks on civilians are justified revealed that 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified. This 2013 survey did not include the following Muslim nations: Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Yemen, Syria, and Libya. The also survey did include the heavily populated Muslim countries of Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia.
Obama lies as usual.ReplyDelete
President Obama is Islam's chief propagandist.ReplyDelete
"But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success."
Hitler's book "Mein Kampf" (My Struggle)