In December of 1914 in the first bitter winter of a long bitter war the solders of the German Empire and the soldiers of the
If you drench yourself in the torrent of Christmas movies that bombard us from Thanksgiving till December 25th you see that the spirit of Christmas in emotional
isn’t about the Christ
child who came into a lost world to die as a payment for sin and to rise again
to bring new life in harmony with God.
It is instead about the sentimental ideal of love and the boy gets the
girl or is it the girl gets the boy? Who
knows sometimes they throw in a curve that really builds the suspense. There are movies about Santa Clause, his
sons, his daughters; his elves and wingless angels all of whom help people
learn the true meaning of Christmas which is never about Christ and always
about family and friends and being nice people. America
In commercial America Christmas is about Black Friday and discounts so deep they remind me of the street vendor in Mexico who follows you shouting “I’ll give you 110% off if you buy two!” The Chia Pets come out along with snuggies, pet rocks, and every other doodad imaginable to buy for people who already have too much.
The mountains of presents which obscenely bury Christmas trees in so many American homes are ripped apart by sugar-high children. Children who get into a frenzy of getting so intense they never have time to appreciate what they get. All they want is to get something else. The beautiful wrapping paper, the miles of ribbon, and the forests of bows are stuffed unceremoniously into big green garbage bags on their way to landfills.
So this is Christmas, and what have we done? Another year over, and a new one just begun.
In the still sweet morning of December 26 people start preparing for the next blast of holiday cheer, Happy New Year!!!
What will 2013 bring?
Whether we plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff or not it will bring us a New America. An
cast in the image of our newly re-elected Community-Organizer-in-Chief. This representative of the Saul
Alinsky wing of the Progressive movement, this made man from the America political Outfit
has won a second term. Whether it was
through the voter
fraud no one seems willing to mention or through the actual votes of those
who bought into the Uncle Sugar myth and vote for Santa Clause, the man from
Hawaii who says he’s from Chicago and who won’t tell us much of anything else,
is poised to create the Age of Obama, or America in his own image. Chicago
In the New America more people qualify for disability than get jobs, more people get food stamps than start businesses, and more people forget that America was founded to provide individual liberty, personal freedom and economic opportunity and embrace America as a cradle-to-grave welfare state. People forget that when you limit failure you also limit success. They don’t understand that when you create a safety net so complete it becomes a hammock many people figure why work when you can play.
Incentive is stifled by entitlements, and innovation is strangled by regulation.
In our New
· Taxes will go up and up as spending goes up even faster.
· Regulations will pour out of the bureaucracy to fill in all the blanks in thousand page laws no one ever reads.
· Our President will continue to bow before despots and our foreign policy will continue to support radical Islam in the
· No one will ever be held accountable for Fast and Furious,
or any of the other scandals which will erupt from the pustule of corruption
that is Inside the Beltway. Benghazi
· The burgeoning energy industry that has the potential to lift
out of its economic tailspin will be throttled as the coal industry, the
fracking boom, and oil shale are all regulated to death. America
· We will pour billions down the green energy rat hole building industries that cannot produce enough energy to exist without government support.
· Obamacare will destroy the insurance industry and eventually a single payer system will consign the rest of us to standing in lines in converted gymnasiums for impersonal care while our leaders take limousines and private jets to the Mayo Clinic all on our dime.
· Industry will continue to flow out as foreign made goods flow in as more imbalanced trade agreements are called free.
· We will be monitored by drones, wire taps, and computers as Big Brother extends his grasp till freedom becomes just another name for nothing left to lose.
This may be the New America that awaits us in 2013. Our families, friends, and neighbors have voted for it, and we all get to live in it: oh happy days are here again. The second coming of FDR has put food stamps in every pot and a Volt in every garage.
In our New
Christ has been purged from Christmas and sappy sentimentality has replaced the
joy of being born again in a relationship with God our loving Father. So as you prepare to celebrate the New Year
be sure and thank any of the millions of Obamazombies
who get their opinions from the Corporations Once Known as the Mainstream
Media, and who actually believe the economy is recovering and glory in America
being knocked off its high horse for the New America we are all unwrapping
under the Xmas Tree this year.
Dr. Owens teaches History, Political Science, and Religion. He is the Historian of the Future @ http://drrobertowens.com © 2012 Robert R. Owens firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Dr. Robert Owens on Facebook or Twitter @ Drrobertowens / Edited by Dr. Rosalie Owens