With gas prices pushing higher and higher, drivers are trying to get the most out of every gallon. Here are a few tips that you can use.
- The optimal gas mileage speed for most vehicles is 45 miles per hour. If you're on a back road with no one around, watch your gas mileage spike.
- On the highway, driving at 55 compared to 70 will save you MPGs, especially on long trips.
- Make sure to get regular oil changes.
- Make sure to keep your tires inflated.
- If possible during the summer, use the vent instead of the AC.
- Cars with standard transmission get a little better mileage.
- Cruise control will help with mileage and could prevent speeding tickets.
- Use a bike if possible! Gas is getting too darn expensive!